Trendy Home Colors to Help Your House Sell
There’s no easier or inexpensive way to give your home a fresh, new look than a coat of paint or two. If you’re thinking of listing, head out to your local hardware store for a few gallons of paint to spruce up your interior and help your home sell. There are a lot of hot trends in paint colors right now which are also neutral enough to help your home sell. (You want to stay away from too many crazy colors, even if they are trendy, because everyone has different tastes, and you want buyers to be able to envision themselves in your home.) Here are some of the home color trends of 2016 that would enhance your home and its chances of selling:
- Soft whites – White with the very slightest hint of gray to tone it down is very trendy right now, but classic enough to stand the test of time and neutral enough to appeal to your buyers. White also opens up a room, reflects light and makes your space seem open and airy.
- Creams – Cream is popular right now, and looks especially nice if your furniture contains a lot of earth tones. Cream walls give you a neutral palette to decorate with, which is always good when you’re trying to sell. Set it off with bright white semi-gloss for your trim and molding.
- Neutrals with pops of jewel tones – If you do want to try color, use it sparingly. Right now large swatches of neutral colors, like white, cream or light gray, are being paired with bold jewel tones like emerald green or cobalt blue. If you’re going to follow this trend, use your jewel tone as an accent wall.
- Toned-down blues –Lighter blues toned down with a bit of gray tone read as neutral but give your space a calm vibe. Use color sparingly on an accent wall or in a small area like a powder room.
- Soft pinks – Warm up a room with just the slightest touch of pink in your neutral palette. You don’t want to choose an overpowering pink or it could have more of a nursery feeling than a neutral, warm color. We recommend Vienna Lace from Behr.
- Shades of gray – Grey is also a trendy color in kitchen cabinets right now. If your cabinets are already gray, you can complement it with a lighter shade of gray for your kitchen wall Cooler, light grays can be used in living areas because they give you the same calming effect as blues and light feeling of whites.
Some people are afraid to paint when preparing to sell their home because they think they might not do a good enough job or might pick the wrong colors. If this describes you, consider hiring a professional. The Chris ColganReal Estate Team knows many competent painting and home décor specialists who can help you make your home attractive and ready to sell. Contact us today for details.
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.