Have you ever met anyone who has never been bowling? We haven’t, either. It’s one of those activities that most everyone has experienced and can relate to. In fact, in the heat of summer especially, we think it’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening with family and friends. Here are our top 10 reasons why.
- There’s no equipment required. You don’t have to buy your own ball, spiffy shoes or sport a cool bowling shirt with a breast pocket. You just show up at the alley, and they’ve got everything you need.
- It’s great for groups of all sizes. Whether you‘ve got a massive family reunion heading your way or just your best friend coming into town, bowling suits every occasion. Well, we don’t recommend it for weddings and funerals, but otherwise you’re golden.
- You can bowl no matter your schedule. The bowling alleys near us feature long, convenient hours for bowling with the kids on Saturday morning and hanging out with the older crowd in the evenings.
- Almost anyone can do it. With the accommodations offered at area bowling alleys, most anyone can bowl. You can request ramps to help the youngest and oldest in your groups get the balls down the lane, and you can pop those handy bumpers up for you on your off days. Oops, we mean for the kids. That’s right, for the kids.
- It’s perfect for a little fun, healthy competition. We can’t encourage big-time betting, but a little “the loser does the dishes for a week” competition between spouses or siblings adds a whole new level of fun!
- It reaches across generations. Bowling is a unifying activity. Grandpa will likely get just as excited about his strike as your 6 year old will, and if that’s not bonding, we don’t know what is.
- You get to sport great shoes. Come on. When else do you get to wear freshly deodorized, tricolored beauties? Sport them with pride.
- You can eat and drink while playing. How many sports have built in bars and grills for the players? Beer or soda, fries or burgers — you really can’t beat it.
- It gets you moving more than binge watching the latest Netflix series. We won’t go so far as to call it an aerobic sport, but you have to admit it’s healthier than molding yourself into the couch. Frank Underwood and the prison ladies of OITNB will be there waiting for you when you get back.
- Crazy celebrations aren’t just encouraged, they are required! Dad’s celebration dance may just top your best moonwalk, but there’s one thing for sure, nothing’s too over the top when you finally conquer all 10 pins.
Bowling in Prince William County
Now that you know all the reasons why bowling is a fantastic activity, beat the heat this summer at these local bowling alleys:
AMF Dale City Lanes – 4304 Dale Boulevard in Woodbridge / Phone: (703) 670-2111
Bowl America Bull Run – 10641 Balls Ford Road in Manassas / Phone: (703) 368-6256
Bowl America Manassas – 9000 Mathis Avenue in Manassas / Phone: (703) 368-2161
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.