Nothing kindles the holiday spirit like the glittering lights that adorn our communities. Create lasting memories with your family this holiday season by making time to see the best holiday light displays in the area. Pour your hot chocolate in a to-go mug and drive around admiring elaborate light displays, many of which are timed to music. Most displays are friendly to the budget; they come at no charge, a donation for a charity or a small fee. See what’s twinkling in your part of town:
- Bull Run Festival of Lights (Bull Run Regional Park, Centreville) – This 2.5 mile drive-through light show has over 40,000 animated lights that are set to music. At the end of the drive, there is a carnival, ice skating rink and plenty of goodies and hot chocolate. The fee is $15 per car Sunday through Thursday and $20 on Fridays, Saturdays and holidays. To avoid the busiest times (with longer waits), take advantage of their weekday discounts.
- The Anderson’s North Pole (15615 Bushey Drive, Woodbridge) – Private homeowners Mike and Teresa Anderson create a free light show at their home. The lights are on from 5:30 to 9 p.m. nightly. Each year, their light displays get more creative and elaborate, so you don’t want to miss this!
- The Jeager Family Christmas Display (Reagon Court, Dale City) – The Jeager Family are also private homeowners who have a lot of holiday spirit. They have a light show synchronized to music that you can enjoy for a donation of canned foods for the needy.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights (9750 Meadowlark Gardens Court, Vienna) – With over half a million Christmas lights, a gingerbread village and a 2-story animated fountain, this display is a must-see for the holiday season. It really brings the wow factor. Tickets run from $3 to $14 and can be purchased on their website.
- Tyler’s Christmas Wonderland (7308 Castle Road, Manassas) – This private homeowner puts on a display of over 20,000 lights that are illuminated from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. each night.
- Frank Christmas Lightshow (7780 Tangier Drive, Springfield) – This is yet another family that helps spread holiday cheer with a holiday light show set to music. You can check out some videos of their fantastic display on their Facebook page.
- 13614 Weinstein Court, Centreville – Check out this animated light show, set to music, with lighted figures and mini trees.
- 11610 Henderson Road, Clifton – From 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. and 6:15 to 6:45 a.m. you can drive very slowly through their circular driveway to get a close look at their light display. Make sure to have the windows down, as the music plays from the actual display instead of your stereo.
- 4501 Evansdale Road, Dale City – This light display includes thousands of lights, several inflatables and a movie playing. Sound for the movie comes from a truck parked next to the movie screen. The display runs from 5 to 10 p.m. each night.
- 5406 Fremont Street, Springfield – This animated light show features Charlie Brown with Linus and Looney Toons characters. The show runs from 5:30 to 10 p.m. on weekdays and until 11 on Friday and Saturday.
The Colgan Team is in the holiday spirit, and we’d like to send some your way. Enjoy the local lights, and happy holidays!
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.