Adults, are you ready for Halloween?
It’s hard to believe Halloween is right around the corner, though some stores started putting out costumes shortly after the 4th of July. This is the season for fun decorations, costumes, get-togethers with friends and neighbors and all sorts of family activities. Are you an adult stumped for a costume idea? Here are a few popular shows and movies to inspire you.
- Game of Thrones – Dress as your favorite character from this popular HBO show. You’ll likely see a lot of Jon Snows out and about this year, or dress as Ramsay Bolton (if you want to go the evil route). You could also dress as the lovable Hodor or the tough-as-nails Arya Stark. There are bound to be plenty of costumes in stores, or you could visit your local thrift store and create a unique DIY costume.
- The Walking Dead – This zombie-themed show has so many memorable characters, it will be hard to choose your favorite to dress as. Whether you choose Rick, Michonne, a grotesque walker or the new bad guy in town, Neagan, you’ll likely be in good company as this AMC show’s fans come out in hoards on Halloween.
- Suicide Squad – Though it didn’t do as well at the box office as anticipated, fans of this movie are die hard and bring their A game on Halloween. The Joker and Harley Quinn will probably be popular costume options this season.
- Orange is the New Black – A simple pair of beige scrubs or an orange jumpsuit can help you dress as your favorite prisoner from the popular Netflix series. Spike up your hair and spray it red to go as everyone’s favorite Russian cook, Red.
- Finding Dory – Though technically a kid’s movie, there are plenty of grown-ups who shed a tear or two at this great family movie. Dressing up as characters from this film could be great for an adults-only party or a family-friendly affair.
- Zootopia – There are so many cuddly animals to choose from that would make great costumes for the whole family. This was one of the most popular movies of the year, so you can bet you’ll see quite a few Lt. Judy Hopps or Nick Wildes out on the streets for trick-or-treating.
- The Kardashians – Love them or hate them, this reality show of the rich and famous provides plenty of opportunities to glam up for Halloween. Try on some fun wigs, don your best (fake) Louboutins and voila! A (reality) star is made!
- Your favorite sports hero – The beauty of dressing in your favorite baseball (football, hockey, etc.) player’s jersey is that your costume can double as game-day wear during the season. Nothing like an easy costume that’s functional outside of Halloween!
Obviously, you aren’t limited to dressing like characters from pop culture. There are other costumes that can win you first place in the contest. Try dressing up like food. A hotdog is always fun. Or go as a couple. Salt and pepper shakers might be amusing costumes to make. Get creative with materials and if you need help, there’s always YouTube! Send us a photo, too. We’d love to share in the festivities.
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.