5 Reasons We Love Boating
There’s something about stepping onto a boat that makes you go “Ahhhh.” The relaxation, the crisp water, the escape — it’s a whole different world. We’ve got many reasons why we love boating, but here are our top five.
- Boating offers fun and adventure. From zipping across the lake to zooming over waves, that feeling of water spray in your face makes you feel alive and free. Throw in some fun boating toys like water skis, tubes, and wakeboards, and you’ve got yourself a full-on water adventure!
- Boating connects you with nature. Countless studies show that communing with nature brings us major health benefits. From lower blood pressure and depression rates to stronger immune systems and higher Vitamin D levels, the benefits are clear. What better way to take in the beauty around us than boating?
- Boating offers a great way to watch a sunset. Sunsets over the water definitely provide the most breathtaking views. So grab your sweetie — or your dog — and head out for some gorgeous sights.
- Boating reduces stress. Being outdoors alone can reduce your stress levels, but being free and happy on the water dips them even further. Relax into that sense of freedom, escape from your daily routine and feel the stress melt away.
- Boating helps you connect with family and friends. Around here, we love activities that everyone in the family can enjoy. From Grandpa on down to the littlest tike, a day out on the lake or the river is high up on everyone’s list and will provide memories for years to come.
Boating in Prince William County
Lake Jackson – This lake in Manassas is surrounded by 600 neighborhood homes and features three boat ramps run by the citizens’ association. All boat types and sizes are allowed.
Leesylvania State Park – This park is located in southeast Prince William County and is nestled among the tidal shores of the Potomac River. Leesylvania is located on the historic registrar and boasts stories of John Smith’s visits and is the ancestral home of the Lee and Fairfax families. There is a boat launch and ample space for boating, as well as kayak and canoe rentals. This is a beautiful spot to spend a day.
Lake Ridge Golf and Marina – This great spot in Woodbridge offers a Universal Access boat launch and dock access. You can bring your own boat (maximum 9.9hp) or rent one from the marina. You can also rent canoes, pedal boats, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and Jon boats. Lake Ridge also features plenty of hiking trails and an 18-hole miniature golf course for some on-land fun. You can easily make a day of it here!
Soak up the last days of summer with breathtaking lake views of Prince William County. Set your cares adrift and watch them dissolve in the wake. And if you’re about to embark on a real estate adventure, contact us today. We’ll help you navigate the real estate waters with ease.
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.