We’d like to revisit some of our favorite blog topics from 2016 that can help give you a strong start to 2017!
– If You Love to Walk, Walk the Area You Love – There are many scenic walking trails throughout
Western Prince William County. With the abnormally mild winter weather, walking outside is
still a possibility. Check out this list of area walking trails to help you stay on track with your
fitness goals this year.
– Indoor Fun with Prince William County Parks and Recreation – When it starts to get frosty
outside, move your daily workout from local walking trails to indoor sports and recreation. From
dancing, to swimming, to yoga and arts and crafts, there’s always something going on with the
Prince William County Parks and Recreation Department.
– The Ins and Outs of Closing Costs – If you’re shopping for your first home, it’s important to
understand the nitty gritty details of the transaction. Learn about what closing costs are, how
much you can expect to spend and learn how to read your loan estimate report.
– Supporting Business: Local Chambers of Commerce – If you’re a business owner (or planning to
become one) there’s a lot of community support out there for you in our local Chambers of
Commerce. Find out which one is right for you to help you grow your business.
– Adopt a Pet Locally – If you want to add a new furry, four-legged family member to your tribe
this year, look locally to adopt a pet. There are plenty of area rescues and shelters with animals
waiting for their fur-ever homes.
– Choosing the Right Floor for Your Home – With so many flooring options out there, a few words
of advice can help you choose just the right one for your remodeling project. Learn the pros and
cons of each type of flooring before you invest in new floors for your home.
– How Owning a Home Saves You Money – Think you can’t afford to own a home? Think again.
Read this blog that tells you all about the money-saving benefits of home ownership to decide if
it is something that you can fit in your budget.
– 5 Ways to Save Up to Buy Your First Home – Saving money to purchase your first home can
seem like a daunting task, so we want to make it easier for you. Check out these tips to help you
start building your next egg so that home ownership can become a reality for you and your
Keep coming back to our blog throughout the year for helpful tips on our community, buying and selling
a home and much more! Cheers!
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris
was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a
member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of
all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top
500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.