10 Things We Are Thankful For in Western Prince William County
As we gather around our holiday feasts this year, before we pass the gravy, let’s reflect on what we have to be thankful for. Whether we think about having the good fortune of having our families, health, homes and so many more things, remember to show gratitude for all of it, because there are so many in the world who don’t have the same privileges. We are so lucky to have a wonderful community where we can live, work, play, raise our families, enjoy great food and much more. Here are 10 things that Western Prince William County residents say they are thankful for in their community:
- Great Neighborhoods – Whether you’re looking for a 55 and over community, condo, townhome or single family home, you can find superb options in Western Prince William County. For the 55 and over crowd, you can find amenity-packed communities in Dunbarton (Bristow), Heritage Hunt (Gainesville) and more.
- Fabulous Dining Options – There are so many choices for dining out in Prince William County, you’ll have trouble choosing what’s for dinner. Find out from the locals which restaurants are their favorite (as rated on Yelp).
- Top-notch Education – Prince William County Schools are very highly rated. Their accreditation exceeds the state average, the students’ scores on SOLs are high and many of the area schools have been named Schools of Excellence.
- Cutting-Edge Medical Care – With the brand new Novant Health Haymarket Medical Center, you can get state-of-the-art medical care in your own backyard. They have great facilities for early cancer detection and treatment, as well as services for anything from medical emergencies to a maternity ward.
- Beautiful Nature – There are plenty of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding throughout Western Prince William County Communities. You can also immerse yourself in nature in the Bull Run Mountains.
- Arts – Whether you’re rocking out to your favorite band at Jiffy Lube Live or enjoying fine arts, ballet, opera and more at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, you can find arts to your taste in Western PWC.
- Tasty Virginia Wines – There are many wineries to choose from in the area, but one of our favorites is The Winery at La Grange in Haymarket. You can enjoy tasting all of their offerings while you enjoy picturesque views of the Bull Run Mountains. Take home a bottle to share at your Thanksgiving table. They even a wine club, which would make the perfect gift for the wine lover in your life.
- A Rich History – You’ve got the Manassas Museum and all the Civil War Battlefields to learn about our state’s history. There are even haunted tales of history with the alleged haunting of the Olde Towne Inn in Manassas.
- Shopping Galore – Holiday shopping couldn’t be more convenient for Western PWC residents. Virginia Gateway in Gainesville has everything from fun candy gifts for stocking stuffers to fine jewelry.
- Walk of Fame – You can create your own tour of the stars right here in Virginia. Northern Virginia was once home to Sandra Bullock, Dave Grohl, Patton Oswalt, Jason Sudekis and Jim Morrison.
We at The Colgan Team are also appreciative of our clients, the homeowners and sellers who have put their trust in us as they make big decisions that will affect their lives and the lives of their loved ones. We wish everyone the happiest of Thanksgivings!
Chris Colgan is the CEO and Team Leader of the Chris Colgan Real Estate Team. Chris was born and raised in Gainesville, Virginia and has been in real estate for 10 years. He is a member of the Re/Max Hall of Fame and is in the top 25 for sales in the state of Virginia out of all Re/Max agents. He has been recognized as one of the United States’ and Canada’s Top 500 Marketing Experts by the National Association of Expert Advisors.